Performance, philosophy & new media
- “Making Refuge” (workshop co-led with Daniel Peltz). Norrköping Art Museum, Sweden. April 2018.
- “Women Artists as Activists” (Panel discussion). Wheaton College (Norton, MA), April 2017.
- “Algorithmic Theatre and Software Performance: An Introduction to Black 7.” “‘Hello, I’m ELIZA’ – 50 years since the birth of a chatbot” Symposium (in the frame of the Vintage Computing Festival Berlin). Humboldt University (Berlin, Germany), October 2016.
- “Synthetica: Performance Meditations between Metaphysics and Politics.” University of New South Wales (Sydney, Australia), July 2016.
- “Machine Thinking and Algorithmic Theatre,” featuring a devised interactive performance titled How I Became a Thinking Machine. Institute of Musicology and Media Studies at Humboldt University (Berlin, Germany), May 2016.
- “Power/Play between Metaphysics and Politics: Featuring René Descartes and Margaret Cavendish.” The Performance and Politics International Research Center, Aberystwyth University (Wales, UK), May 2016.
- “On Performance Philosophy.” The Creative Scholars Project, Brown University. November 2014.
- “An Invitation to a Conversation about Performance Philosophy.” East China Normal University, Shanghai (China), July 2014.
- “The Practice of Public Speaking and Effective Communication” (Keynote). The Graduate Student Conference of the Department of Earth, Environmental, and Planetary Sciences at Brown University, May 2017.
- Persuasive communication workshop (with Barbara Tannenbaum). Madeleine Albright Institute for Global Affairs, Wellesley College, January 2015 & 2018.
- “The Art of Effective and Persuasive Communication,” a workshop for graduate students in Visual Arts. Columbia University School of the Arts, October 2014.
- “Key strategies for effective public speaking,” a workshop for the Meiklejohn Leadership Committee at Brown University, August 2014.
- Public speaking workshop for Social Innovation Fellows at Brown University, March 2014.
SELECT CONFERENCE PRESENTATIONS
- “Performing Labor: Towards an Aesthetics of Over-identification.” Harvard Theatre and Performance Colloquium. Harvard University, March 2017.
- “Resistance as Theatre Practice.” Congress of the Society for Theatre Studies.Frankfurt and Gießen (Germany). November 2016.
- “Performance from Outer Space: Knowledge and Action on the Global Scale.” Performance Studies International conference (PSi #22). July 2016.
- “Plastics Matter.” Workshop co-led with Malin Palani. Performance Studies International conference (PSi #22). July 2016.
- “Performance Labors: With Concern to Plastics.” Practice/Production Symposium of the Mid-America Theatre Conference. Minneapolis, MN. March 2016.
- “(Re)Action in the Anthropocene: With Concern to Plastic.” ASTR (American Society for Theatre Research) conference, Ecology and/in/of Performance Working Group. Portland, OR. November 2015.
- “The Cynic Moves. An Address to the Audience (You)” [with Will Daddario]. “What Can Performance Philosophy Do?” Biannual Performance Philosophy Conference. Chicago. April 2015.
- “Theatrical Work, Machine Play.” ASTR (American Society for Theatre Research) conference. Baltimore. November 2014. Plenary lecture.
- “Gongfu and the Philosophical Practice of Rigor.” PSi20. Shanghai, China. July 2014.
- “Un-picturing the Disenchanted World.” ASTR (American Society for Theatre Research) conference, Performance Philosophy Working Session. Dallas. November 2013.
- “Knowing and Spiritual Experience in the Digital Age: The Performative Way.” “Ways of Knowing” Conference, Harvard Divinity School, Harvard University. October 2013.
- “Concretely General: Performance Philosophy in Times of the Neoliberal.” Performance Philosophy Conference. University of Surrey, UK. April 2013.
- “Performing the Ecology of Economy: Towards an Aesthetics of Endurance.” Performance Studies International Conference (PSi # 18). University of Leeds, UK. July 2012.
- “Self-reflexive Performance Acts: Poiesis and Techne in the Digital Age.” The International Association for Philosophy and Literature Conference. Tallinn University, Estonia. June 2012.
- “Performing Measure: Endurance at the Interface Between Technology and Nature.” In/compatible.research PhD Workshop associated with Transmediale Festival for art and digital culture. Vilém Flusser Archive, University of the Arts, Berlin. November 2011.